9200 Watson Road, Suite 200
St Louis, MO 63126
The Director of Operational Services manages the Operational Services Group from project start to finish, ensuring that the project or product provided is accurate, correct, and on time. The scope of the role includes, but is not limited to business development, procurement support, equipment Pre-Delivery Inspection, Can and Tooling Design, and the Commissioning and Start-up of each project. This position interacts with all aspects of the business to ensure advancement and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for business development
- Supports multiple projects and client relationships at a time.
- Fosters and promotes new opportunities with both new and existing clients.
- Supports existing projects
- Once a project is accepted, this position manages the development of specifications and equipment quote requests.
- Supports the procurement function which includes but is not limited to vendor interviews and pricing.
- Manages the inspection and verification process after the equipment is built for each project
- Manages the commissioning and start-up of each project
- Ensures each product is set up and running correctly
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes on special projects to meet the overall business needs.
- Promotes a positive working environment to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position supervises employees within a department.
- This position directly oversees approximately fifteen employees; including managers, engineers, and technical professionals throughout North America, South America, and Europe.
- This position maintains and manages vendor relationships for new equipment purchases, spare parts acquisition, and OEM service support.
- This position has a significant organizational impact working in collaboration with multiple departments and external organizations to drive and complete projects successfully.
- This position’s decisions and actions impact the operations and work performed by multiple Roeslein departments.
Work is performed in an office and also could be in a factory setting with uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 10 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in both operations and engineering is required.
- 5+ years of experience in the Metal Container Manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in Engineering Management or an MBA is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY:
- Strong metal container manufacturing competency and technical skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; minimum estimate of 25%; approximately one-week per trip.
- Excellent organization and planning skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts positively and effectively is required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills and change management abilities.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associates’ core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.
Pay is based on experience.