Judges in the Colored by INX can design competition have settled on five finalists, with a public vote taking place on June 14-16 to determine the winner.
The independent judging panel chose from commercial can designs produced before 1 January 2023, using two colours from the INX 2-Piece Color Catalog.
The five entries are:
- Ballast Point Brewery, Hazy Sculpin India Pale Ale submitted by Ball Corporation
- Lagunitas Brewing Company, Island Beats Tropical IPA submitted by Lagunitas
- Miller Brewery, Miller Lite Grill submitted by Ball Corporation
- Great Lakes Brewing Company, Ruby’s Revenge Imperial Grapefruit IPA submitted by Great Lakes Brewing Company
- Spoetzl Brewery, Shiner Texhex Bruja’s Brew IPA submitted by Ball Corporation
The five judges chose the five cans based on originality, design aesthetics, best use of colour palette, and a project statement on how their colour choices influenced their final design.
Voting in the fourth annual competition is taking place on INX’s Facebook and LinkedIn pages. The winner will be awarded a trophy and featured in INX’s Color Perfection magazine.
INX promoted the competition at the recent Metpack trade show in Essen, Germany, and at the Craft Brewers Conference in Tennessee, US, in May. Great Lakes Brewing Company of Cleveland, Ohio, has won the title twice in the past two contests and has made it to the final five for a third time.
Renee Schouten, vice president of marketing for INX, said: “We received an exceptional amount of creative entries from a wide assortment of brand owners, design agencies, marketers and metal decorators.”
INX is the third largest producer of inks for metal packaging in North America.